Saturday 15 January 2011

Forgiveness

For my part I believe in the forgiveness of sin and the redemption of ignorance.

It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.
It is often easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.
When we forgive evil we do not excuse it, we do not tolerate it, and we do not smother it. We look the evil full in the face, call it what it is, let its horror shock and stun and enrage us, and only then do we forgive it.
Humanity is never so beautiful as when praying for forgiveness, or else forgiving another

Some will say I can forgive, but I cannot forget, is only another way of saying, I will not forgive. Forgiveness ought to be like a cancelled note - torn in two, and burned up, so that it never can be shown against one.
Some will say, I do not bring forgiveness with me, nor forgetfulness. The only ones who can forgive are dead; the living has no right to forget

Holding on to anger, resentment and hurt only gives you tense muscles, a headache and a sore jaw from clenching your teeth. Forgiveness gives you back the laughter and the lightness in your life.

Never forget the three powerful resources you always have available to you: love, prayer, and forgiveness.

Murder is a unique in that it abolishes the party it injures, so that society has to take the place of the victim and on his behalf demand atonement or grant forgiveness; it is the one crime in which society has a direct interest.

I have to ask Allah's forgiveness and not get angry, because they come to me out of love, and it's not fitting that I should turn to them in hatred.

If Jesus Christ was who He claimed to be, and He did die on a cross at a point of time in history, then, for all history past and all history future it is relevant because that is the very focal point for forgiveness and redemption

Well, I've never left my faith - but have I made a lot of mistakes? But was I fortunate that I was brought up in that Catholic Church, where I heard about God's love and God's forgiveness.

In the evening of life we shall be judged on love, and not one of us is going to come off very well, and were it not for my absolute faith in the loving forgiveness of my Lord I could not call on him to come

Forgiveness is the remission of sins. For it is by this that what has been lost, and was found, is saved from being lost again

When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
When you forgive, you in no way change the past - but you sure do change the future.

You will know that forgiveness has begun when you recall those who hurt you and feel the power to wish them well.

He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself; for every man has need to be forgiven. Only then that Inner peace can be reached only when we practice forgiveness. Forgiveness is letting go of the past, and is therefore the means for correcting our misperceptions

Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy Kingdom come,
thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom,
the power and the glory. for ever and ever. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment